"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, August 27, 2018

RVs and Ice Chests

Above, the Stanley ice chest I keep in the RV. 


The Beast has a very good refrigerator and freezer. But once in a while I will go on a short overnighter (such as trips to Albuquerque where I only stay one night) where I don't plan on cooking but I don't want to use up the propane for only water, soft drinks or beer.

On a trip to San Diego, I threw in a bag of ice into the freezer along with water bottles and soft drinks. That worked fine, but when I got home, it was a chore getting the water from the melted ice out of the freezer.

That's why I bought a small Stanley ice chest. One bag of ice will last more than two days in it. For one night stays, I usually bring a couple of water bottles and a couple of other drinks.

There are other reasons why RVers should consider keeping an ice chest handy and Do It Yourself RV has a list of them.

They begin with:
RVs are fabulous because they include everything you need. But since RVs come equipped with so many features and luxuries, many people feel like they don’t really need to pack much. 
This is 100% understandable, and even correct to an extent. However, there are some things my family likes to keep in our RV that many would deem redundant or unnecessary. That’s fine, to each their own, but let me assure you that we carefully consider each and every item we carry with us on our travels, and everything we keep, we keep for a good reason. 
Take our ice chest for instance. Considering the fact that our trailer has a perfectly good refrigerator, using some of our limited space on an ice chest may seem like a silly move. I understand this and have even thought the same thing from time to time, but we always end up holding onto our cooler. Why? Because it’s super useful. 
Here are some of the ways we make use of our ice chest. Maybe you’ll decide you could use one too!

To read more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog