"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

RV Park Bad Experiences

Above, the narrow space at a KOA Kampground in northern Utah. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Two months ago, we stopped at a RV park in Las Vegas, Nevada for an overnight stay. I had stayed there the year before and gave it a good rating at RV Park Reviews.

However, this time I found the office closed (it closes at the ridiculous time of 4:00 PM) and the self-registration instructions were confusing at best. Additionally, the manager was rude and looked and acted like Beulah Ballbricker from the Porky's movies of the 1980s. We stayed at the Sam's Town KOA instead and had a much better experience.

Accordingly, I have the first park a bad, but honest review.

During my trip to Idaho last year to see the eclipse, I stayed one night at a KOA in northern Utah. The spaces were very narrow. Due to the neighbor's slide-out, I was unable to fully deploy my awning. That's how close the spaces were. I gave this park the review it deserved.

But, for the most part, I have given parks good reviews with some getting excellent reviews at RV Park Reviews. But those review have to be earned.

Do It Yourself RV has an article on "10 Reasons Why People Leave Bad Reviews For RV Parks". I have stated just two of them above.

The article starts with:
Not every campground deserves a five-star rating on RV Park Reviews. Some are run-down, dirty, and not maintained very well. Others have a staff who aren’t friendly or welcoming at all. We don’t really ask for much as RVers, and we’re not always expecting a five-star resort with luxurious amenities. But these ten simple things can make all the difference.

To read more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog