"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, September 13, 2018

RV Corner Beds

Above, my bed with the Travasak. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It is funny to read letters and forum posts by some RVers complaining how hard it is to make a corner bed in their motorhomes. 

Many especially complain that there are no fitted sheets that have one "chopped-off" corner like some corner motorhome bedmattresses have.

Above, the bed pad before being tucked in at the chopped-off corner. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This is the topic of Motorhome magazine's next Question of the Month. I felt compelled to respond to the topic.

It is as follow:
On the subject of corner beds, especially ones with a "chopped-off" corner, I have one of those in my 2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R Class C. 
As far as I know, nobody makes fitted sheets with a "chopped-off" corner. But I have no problem in making my corner bed. I have a queen size bed pad with elastic straps to hold onto the corners (for the "chopped-off" corner, I just tuck it in underneath). On top of that, I have a queen size Travasak that has sheets that are held in with Velcro. It is easy to make the bed, I just zip up the sides, straighten it out a little and I'm done. 
I have a throw blanket that I put on top of the Travasak to "dress up" the bed and cover the mattress and bed pad. For me, making the bed is painless!
Travasak is out-of-business, but I managed to have two of them. Is a "sleep system" of a sleeping bag (of various sizes) with a sheet insert that is held inside with Velcro. Mine, as my response states, is a queen size one.

Travasaks can still be found online. There may be similar "sleep systems" made by other companies.

No comments:

Search This Blog