"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, September 24, 2018

Kitties

Above, Sierra at the front door staring at the stray cat. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This evening, I was sitting outside enjoying the view when I noticed Sierra at the front door staring intently.

She was staring at one of the stray cats that I feed (there's also a Siamese I feed). He (I am assuming its a male) was sitting at the front gate staring back at Sierra. After a few minutes, he wandered off. I was also feeding a one-eared grey cat, but he disappeared around May.

Whenever I get food out for the strays, Sierra looks at me in puzzlement. I tell her that I'm feeding "the poor kitties".

Above, the stray at the gate. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I then decided to take a little walk over to the second acre for a little after-dinner exercise. It looks like it may rain later as clouds are dark and gathering over the area. The last rain we had was a half-inch last week. The Weather Channel says around 15% chance on average.

Above, the stray in front of the front fence. He can barely be seen in this picture.  Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I was heading back, I noticed the stray sitting in front of the front fence. He won't let me approach him, but he didn't run when I went past him by about 8 yards. After I entered the gate. He came back the near the gate and flopped down.

Above, the stray relaxing a few feet from the gate after I came back. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After a while, He got up and headed over into the neighbor's yard. His tail was straight up, meaning he was happy. He should be, he ate a big meal. I've never noticed strays walking with their tails straight up before.

It is starting to get cooler here at night. 

No comments:

Search This Blog