"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Yellowstone In The Fall

Above, Upper Falls of the Yellowstone River. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Funny thing, Yellowstone National Park saw more visitors last month than it did the same time last year, even though we're supposed to be in a pandemic.

If one is not enamoured with crowds, perhaps an autumn visit would be more satisfying.

There are many reasons why a fall visit to Yellowstone would be better for some. Travel Awaits gives seven of them.

They begin with:

Due to changing advisories, please check local travel guidelines before visiting.

Yellowstone National Park, our nation’s first national park, is larger than Rhode Island and Delaware combined. More than half of the world’s active geysers lie within the park’s 2.2 million acres. And the greatest concentration of mammals in the lower 48 states calls Yellowstone home.

Until recently, Yellowstone was less than 3 hours from my house -- a drive I took so many times I lost count. I went with friends, family, out-of-town visitors, and if I had no takers, I went by myself. Living so close, I had my pick of times to visit Yellowstone. The sweet spot is the last week of September or the first week of October.

To read more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog