"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Horses and Approaching Storm

Above, one horse nibbling on a carrot that I tossed to her. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since we're supposed to get a thunderstorm this afternoon, I decided to see if the neighbor's three horses would be interested in having some carrots before the rain begins.

I went over to their pen in the Jeep. They remained on the opposite end of the pen, so I tossed a carrot over to them. Two of them kind of nibbled on it and walked away. I tossed another carrot to the horse furthest away, but she (all three are female yearlings or slightly older) sniffed it and walked away.

I sort of anticipated this, so I just brought three carrots.

Above, a view of Barking Spider Acre from the horse pen. The big black cloud is at right. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After leaving and before putting the Jeep into the garage, I looked back at the pen and it looked like two of the horses were eating the carrots.

Before leaving the pen, I noticed a big black cloud was heading our way. It looks like the forecast may be accurate, we are supposed to get heavy thundershowers this afternoon and tonight. 

Just before finishing this blog post, I heard the sound of thunder. Looks like I got indoors in the nick of time.

No comments:

Search This Blog