"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, August 26, 2021

RV Life: RV and Boat Storage Cost

Above, I store my RV in this metal garage, the "GOCO Beast Barn". Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I bought my 2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R six years ago, I had no storage issues to contend with.

I lived in an apartment in Tarzana, California and had a double parking space. It was enough to park two vehicles. Before buying the RV, I took some measurements of the space and found that I could park a motorhome up to 25 feet in length and bought accordingly. I parked my car in front of it.

Since then, I moved to New Mexico after buying a home on two acres. I built a metal garage for the RV on one acre. So I don't have to pay for RV storage.

For those who can't store their RV (or boat) on their property, either due to space limitations or homeowner association rules, off-site storage is the solution (if one doesn't have a friend or family member with room for storage). 

How much does it cost?

RV Life has posted a new article on the cost to store RVs and boats.

They begin with:

If you’re currently in the planning stages to purchase an RV or boat and you can’t park your boat or RV on your property, then factoring the cost of off-site storage into your budget will be just as important as calculating the cost of the vehicle, insurance, maintenance, licensing fees, and taxes.  Storage will just be part of your overall ownership cost. 

 To read the article, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog