"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, August 12, 2021

Sky High Carriers's Lousy Driver

Above, the tractor involved in yesterday's incident. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

There was a time when long-haul truckers were called "knights of the road". They were conscientious drivers who obeyed traffic laws and aided other motorists.

There are still some good drivers out there, but there are also some dregs as well.

Yesterday, I was crossing the Exit 39 overpass bridge to go to the Jamestown, New Mexico Flying J travel center when I noticed a truck and trailer exiting off of westbound Interstate 40 at a faster rate of speed than what I normally see. 

I had a feeling that he was not going to stop at the stop sign at the end of the exit ramp. I held back and slowed as I was about 30-40 feet from the exit. Sure enough, he ran the stop sign and was looking directly at me as he did do with a big grin. Had I not been paying attention or driving faster, we would have collided.

Above, the rear of the trailer where I got the carrier's phone number. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I followed and got the phone number of the trucking company, Sky High Carriers, Inc. of Bakersfield, California (California, it figures). I called the number and left a voice message on what had just transpired. 

After completing my business at the Flying J, I went over to the trucker section of the travel center and found the truck and trailer. I took the photos that accompany this blog post and, later, went to Sky High Carriers' website and emailed them with the detailed information (truck number, license plate number) on the truck and trailer.

So far, they have not as yet responded to me. So, I am posting this. I will follow up with them today.

I have filed a complaint with the National Consumer Complaint Database.

No comments:

Search This Blog