"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, November 8, 2021

Remembering My 2010 Visit To Tsukiji Fish Market

Above, inside the Tsukiji Fish Market. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Last night, for the first time in years, I popped in my DVD of Jiro Dreams of Sushi, a 2011 documentary of one of the top sushi chefs in Tokyo, Jiro Ono. Happily, Jiro Ono is still with us at age 96.

Above, Jiro Dreams of Sushi poster.

It was an interesting documentary and it featured quite a bit of Tokyo and surrounding areas. 

I had forgotten that it had featured the now-gone Tsukiji Fish Market. It had been relocated several years ago to Toyosu.

Above, one of the many vendors at the Tsukiji Fish Market. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I visited the Tsukiji Fish Market in December 2010. It's hard to believe that it is nearly 11 years since my visit in the wee hours of the morning. I was going to get up early to go there anyway, but a small earthquake got me up an hour earlier than planned.

Above, yours truly with a restaurateur at the Outer Market.

Following my wandering in the fish market, I went to the outer market where shops and restaurants are located and had a great tuna sushi meal.

No comments:

Search This Blog