"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, November 28, 2021

Taking A Break At Knife City

Above, Knife City, situated next to Interstate 40 in Sun Valley, Arizona. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Yesterday afternoon, I returned home from Lake Havasu. It was a 420-mile drive on Interstate 40. Fortunately, it was smooth driving and I saw no accidents along the way.

However, after going through Winslow and Holbrook, Arizona, I was feeling a bir drowsy. I decided to stop and take a break. 

Although I have passed it many times, I have never stopped in at Knife City in Sun Valley, Arizona. Whenever I see it, it reminds me of the 1989 joke video on Spatula City. I stopped there and wandered around the store. There were about 15-20 people inside, also browsing.

Above, inside Knife City. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The place is huge with all varieties of knives, swords, hatchets, spears, kitchenware and even petrified wood. All manufacturers were well represented. Even though they have a huge inventory, I thought they were a little pricey, roughly $40 and up. They also can do knife sharpening for people. If someone were looking for a specific knife by a specific manufacturer, this would be the place to go to.

After browsing around for about a half hour, I got back into the RV and headed home. I was worn out and went to bed early, which made me wake up early. This is why I am blogging at 4:20 in the morning.

No comments:

Search This Blog