"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, November 29, 2021

Winter RV Camping Myths

Above, I lived in my motorhome for 12 days during the winter of 2018. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Yesterday, I started the process of winterizing The Beast when I added anti-freeze to the holding tanks and down the drains so that the trap would not freeze up. I emptied the holding tanks before leaving Lake Havasu, Arizona.

It appears that my camping year has ended with my Thanksgiving trip to Lake Havasu. But others may prefer to keep on camping, even in winter.

Do It Yourself RV has an article on 5 misconceptions about winter camping.

They start it with:

Many assume winter RV camping isn’t an option for them or their RV. Following the routine of others, they just winterize the RV and put it in storage mode until spring. However, it doesn’t have to be that way, as most any rig can still be used for winter RV camping.

RV camping over the winter is not only possible, but can be enjoyable even in the freezing cold weather. Here are 5 common misconceptions about RV winter camping.

I've done winter camping, but I have to admit that it is not exactly my cup of tea. 

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog