"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, January 24, 2022

Quick Trip To Albuquerque

Above, outside of the Kiva Café. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, I had some business to attend to in Albuquerque.

I got on the road early this morning at 6:30 in 21° outside. A little bitter cold out. Before getting on Interstate 40, I stopped at the Flying J to get a cup of coffee to bring along.

Above, Cabela's ammo shelves were actually stocked with ammo today. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

One of the things I had to do was to exchange a pair of jeans I bought two weeks ago at Cabela's. The size was right, but the jeans were flawed. They had no rear belt loops. The other pair I bought at the same time had them. 

Above, inside the Kiva Café. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I was able to exchange them without any problem. While there, I went over to the ammo section and the shelves were fully stocked. This was the first time in ages I've seen it stocked. I bought some Winchester 9mm hollowpoint rounds. 

After that, I did other things I needed to do.

Above, my chicken enchilada lunch. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

As things turned out, I was done before noon. So I headed home instead of staying the night at the Route 66 RV Resort. 

On the way home, I did stop in Milan (about 30 miles from home) and tried out the Kiva Café for the first time. It is listed as a best place for enchiladas in the New Mexico Enchilada Trail. This was the third restaurant I've tried that's in the trail. I had chicken enchiladas. They were excellent. The sauce (red) was good, but I sweated profusely. (That's one way to tell if the sauce is any good.)


Before heading home, I went next door to the Chaco Trading Post to look around. It has to be one of the nicest gift shops I've seen here.

After browsing, I got back into The Beast and headed home. 

No comments:

Search This Blog