"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, June 4, 2022

18 Fascinating Facts About Japan

Above, a nighttime view of the Asakusa section of Tokyo. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

As Japan is about to open up again to foreign tourism (on June 10), except one has to be a part of an organized group tour to do so, it is worth taking a look at some interesting facts about the country.

This is from a Brit in an article in BuzzFeed who remembers a pre-COVID vacation to Japan. He brings up 18 fascinating facts about Japan that he observed.

He begins with:

Hi, I'm Sam, and I'm a Brit living in London. I love to travel, and I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Japan!

Back in early 2019, I FINALLY got to visit Tokyo, which was my last vacay before the world went to shit. While I was there, I noticed a ton of things that were either unusual, weirdly practical, or just plain amazing to me.

I've cast my mind back to my pre-Covid trip, and put together a list of casual observations about Japan/Tokyo that I thought were worth mentioning.

To read more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog