"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, June 15, 2023

Does Irish Spring Soap Keep Mice Out Of Campers?


Since I keep my motorhome in a steel garage, the GOCO Beast Barn, I have had no problems with mice.

Before I had the garage built, mice got to the lines of my RV's dash air conditioning system. This was discovered during a 2018 trip to Wells, Nevada when we noticed the air conditioner was acting weird.

The following year, I brought the RV to an Albuquerque Ford dealer when I took the cruise to Key West and Cuba. Within hours after doing so, the dealer called me and found the problem: mice. I had them repair it while on the cruise.

Since then, feed feral stray cats and they have helped to keep the mice under control.

Above, the RV garage, the GOCO Beast Barn. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

What brought this topic up is that there is a new article from RV Life on whether Irish Spring Soap really keeps mice out of campers. I have never heard of this before. I do use Irish Spring, but not for mouse control.

The following is from RV Life:

Mice sometimes sneak into RVs to chew on your wiring, nest in your walls, and browse your pantry. So if you’re on the warpath against rodent intruders, you’re probably willing to try anything to get rid of them. During your search, you may have come across the claim that Irish Spring soap can deter pests.

In reality, there is no concrete evidence to prove that Irish Spring soap is an effective mouse deterrent. It’s unclear where these claims originated, but they have since spread across every corner of the internet.

Soap is quite harmless, so it won’t damage your RV if you try this method. However, you’d be better off searching for more effective pest control rather than wasting time with something that doesn’t work.

There's more, so to read the rest, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog