"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, June 1, 2023

Replies To Numismatic News On Counterfeit Coins

Above, the counterfeit coins I bought last year. Photo  by Armand Vaquer.

Recently, Numismatic News asked this question:

Have you encountered or unknowingly acquired ma counterfeit coin? If so, what did you do?

They received a number of responses and all are interesting.

As readers of this blog know, last year I bought two counterfeit coins. It turned out that they originated from China and were sold through an ad on Facebook. I had my suspicions, but I took a chance anyway.

When they arrived, I gave them the magnet test. Sure enough, both coins stuck to the magnet. Silver is not magnetic, by the way.

My bank reversed the charges, so I didn't lose anything. I turned the coins over to the New Mexico McKinley County Sheriff.

To read the responses to Numismatic News's question, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog