"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

John Romita Sr., R.I.P.

Sad to hear of the passing of Marvel artist John Romita Sr. at age 93. His son, John Jr., made the announcement.

I was not a Marvel fan during his run on Spider-Man, but I did pick up a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #43 in 1966, featuring the third appearance of Rhino. This was my first exposure to Romita's work. Unfortunately, although I got a good price for it, I sold the issue back in the 1980s.

His cover on that issue was an eye-catcher for me, especially the texturing of the coloring work.  



No comments:

Search This Blog