"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, June 10, 2023

Six Mile Canyon and Jerry's Café

Above, yesterday in Six Mile Canyon. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since we're now in gnat and mosquito season here in New Mexico, I've been spending more time indoors during the past few days instead of sitting out on the deck. One bug got me on the left leg. Luckily, I have hydrocortisone to remedy the itch and aid in healing. I also recently bought some bug-repellent.

I was relaxing on the sofa yesterday and finding myself dozing off. I decided to get off my butt and take a little Jeep drive. I first drove around the subdivision and then into Six Mile Canyon. After entering the canyon, I ran into friend Victor and his wife Debbie and their dogs (I bought the Jeep in 2019 from Victor) as they were leaving. They had been giving their dogs some running exercise. The dogs looked happy.

Above, in Six Mile Canyon with the main road at right. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

There were some campers in the canyon. Why not? The weather for camping in the canyon was perfect. 

I didn't spend too much time in Six Mile Canyon as it was getting close to my dinner time and I was planning to head to Jerry's Café in Gallup (one of the best restaurants in town), which I did after putting the Jeep in the garage. (I had the number three combination plate of a chile relleno and a cheese enchilada.) As usual, Jerry's was packed but I was lucky to immediately get a table when I got there. My family would usually dine out on Fridays and I am keeping up with that family tradition. 

Above, the chile relleno/cheese enchilada plate at Jerry's Café. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, I am going to assist Larry Lucier in picking up an electric wheelchair in the community. I found a good deal on it and passed it on to him and he ended up buying it. 

Maybe later today (or tomorrow), I will drill some holes and mount a new bench vice in the garage's work table that I bought a few weeks ago. I needed one and picked it up at Gallup Lumber (an Ace Hardware store). 

No comments:

Search This Blog