"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Everything You Need To Know About RV Awnings

Above, the awning in use in Payson, Arizona. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When one is out dry camping out in the desert or other areas when the temperature is high or just with the sun is very bright, an RV awning really comes in handy, especially when there's no power to run an air conditioner.

Some awnings are made better than others. Some are of acrylic, but most are vinyl. 

I've gotten plenty of use out of my motorhome's awning. One thing though, they are more fragile than they look. I've seen many awnings torn up by heavy winds. I had to replace my awning's fabric as I made a small tear on it from a leaning telephone pole I didn't see while parking. Gradually, over time, that little tear got bigger. So I replaced it.

RV Travel has posted an article on RV awnings (everything you need to know).

They begin it with:

An awning seems so simple, especially on newer RVs where it opens at the touch of a button. There are a few basic tips to keeping your awning in top shape and looking great. 

There are armless awnings, manual awnings, and many other styles, but virtually all the mainstream RVs come with the power awning with the arms on the side of the coach. That’s the one I want to focus on today.

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog