"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, July 17, 2023

Hot Day Today

Above, today's temperature. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

A prescription was ready for me to pick up in Gallup.

Rather than head there during the latter part of the day with higher temperatures, I elected to head there in the morning. It is a good thing that I did. According to my WeatherBug phone app, it is 95° outside. The above photo confirms it.

After getting my prescription, I headed over to The Silver Screen Café at the El Rancho Hotel for a plate of Monument Valley Enchiladas.

Above, today's plate of Monument Valley Enchiladas. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I have mentioned the Monument Valley Enchiladas before, but some may be wondering what they are.

According to the hotel's website, here's what the Monument Valley Enchiladas are:

Corn Tortillas, Scrambled Eggs, Crispy Potatoes, Chorizo, Green Chile, Cheddar & Asadero, Avocado, House Salsa and Warm Tortilla

Above, my server, Karina. Photo by Armand Vaquer.
The enchiladas were good, as usual. I had some coffee with them and, for some reason, the coffee tasted extra great.

While at the restaurant, I was perusing my phone and saw that the temperatures in Arizona appeared to be uniformly over 100°. I showed the map of Arizona with the temperatures to my server, Karina and we both agreed that we're better off being in New Mexico. Lake Havasu City, for example, has a forecast high of 121° today. 

Following breakfast and coffee, I went over to Albertson's market to pick up a few things, but the store was closed due to a power outage. I then headed over to Walgreen's and got a couple of things I needed. The power outage wasn't affecting them, even they are in the same shopping center.

After getting home, I spent the rest of the day inside with the swamp cooler on full. 

No comments:

Search This Blog