"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, July 27, 2023

Five and Six Years Ago Today

Above, a few hours after the stents were put in. Photo by Mitch Geriminsky.

Today marks five years since I had a near-heart attack from an arterial blockage that required two stents.

The episode took place at Bella's Restaurant and Espresso in Wells, Nevada where four of us were about to have lunch. It hit just after our food was delivered. We were in Wells for the annual Wells Fun Run car rally. Needless to say, I missed the car show.

I had to be airlifted via helicopter to Twin Falls, Idaho to the Magic Valley Medical Center. Since then, I have been feeling fine.

This day also marks six years since my cousin Ralph was found deceased from a heart attack. My phone number was apparently the only one on his cell phone and the L.A. County Sheriff called me with the news. My roommate Jessica and I were at the Northridge In-N-Out Burger when I got the call. It was up to me to notify his sister Rosemarie. 

I think of my cousin Ralph often. He and I used to hit record stores for vintage records in the months preceding his passing. Fun times. 

No comments:

Search This Blog