"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

RV Tires and Summer Heat

Above, my motorhome is protected in its garage. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

RV parts and accessories stores such as Camping World carry tire covers for a reason. RVs sitting out in the sun for weeks will get damaged. When I first bought my motorhome, I bought many accessories for it and that included tire covers. 

At the time, my RV sat out in the open at my apartment's parking lot. I kept the tires covered when the RV wasn't in use.

After moving to New Mexico, I had a RV garage built to protect it and its tires. Moving to an area at 7,000 feet in elevation made this more necessary. My tires are in great shape as a result. I keep all of my vehicles garaged for the same reasons.

Do It Yourself RV has an article on tires and summer heat with tips on protecting them.

The begin it with:

For many people, summer is the ideal time to climb into your RV and hit the road. It’s great to travel during the warm seasons because you don’t need to worry about snowstorms and icy roads. But the summer heat comes with its own dangers. Tires are one of the key areas that are affected by soaring temperatures.

Excessive heat can damage or even destroy RV tires if you’re not careful. High temperatures can warp the rubber and cause additional issues like leaks, dry rot, and tire pressure differences. In the worst-case scenarios, your tires might even explode while you’re driving!

Although summer heat is certainly dangerous, there are things you can do to prevent tire damage. As long as you’re aware of the risk factors and take steps to avoid them, you can continue to use your tires during every season of the year. Below, we’ll explore some of the dangers your tires will face and how you can prevent them.

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog