"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, July 29, 2023

Japan Travel Session Next Year

Above, at the Toho Studios Godzilla statue with the travel guide in 2010.

Although G-FEST in 2024 is about a year off, I proposed to J. D. Lees a session on traveling to Japan to see the sites of kaiju movie locations along kaiju-related attractions (such as the Shin Godzilla statue in Hibiya, Tokyo). He likes this idea.

Along with that, I mentioned producing a supplement update to go along with The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan that I would make available. J. D. thought that was a good idea. 

He said:

I was asked a question about travel to Japan during one of my sessions and recommended your book. I think an update is a good idea. With the weak yen and several kaiju projects in the pipe, interest in kaiju travel may increase.

Not to mention the nearly 50% price hike for the Japan Rail Pass that's supposed to go into effect October 1. That really takes away money-saving incentives for foreigners to visit other Japan places outside of Tokyo. Frankly, I think the price hike is a dumb idea. It one still wants to save money on traveling around Japan with the Japan Rail Pass, buy the pass before October 1.

Above, Yuu Asakura with the travel guide. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The supplement I am envisioning will include attractions that have been added in Japan since The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan was published in 2010. I was planning a full updated book, but things cropped up (such as a heart attack) that made me switch gears. 

I think the last talks on Japan travel to see monster places of interest I did were at Monsterpalooza, the Japan Society of North America and a travel book store that was once in Pasadena, California. They have since gone out of business.

No comments:

Search This Blog