"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, October 6, 2023

Books For Your Numismatic Library

Above, my copy of the 1976 "Red Book". Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since I have re-entered the world of coin collecting, I currently subscribe to two coin-related magazines, COINage and Numismatist (through my membership in the American Numismatic Association).

I do have a vintage 1976 Bicentennial edition of A Guide Book of United States Coins (known as the Red Book). Note its price in the image above. I should get the current edition, I suppose. It is around $19.95 today.

Numismatic News has posted an article on "Books for Your Numismatic Library" with recommendations on which ones that should be included.

They begin it with:

Do you have a numismatic library? For the purpose of this article, I’ll assume that you don’t. What books would make good additions to a budding numismatic library?

The initial purchase should probably be a book that combines an overview of coin collecting with coin values. A good example of this is the current Guide Book of United States Coins, a.k.a. the Red Book, because of the color of its cover.

 To read more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog