"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Welcome To Newer Technology

With everything else going on, including a battle with Medi-Cal over Jes's deferred liver transplant listing, I old cell phone finally died on me. Actually, I helped it along by dropping it.

It had been failing for some time and the dropping of it finished it off.

Above, T-Mobile's ad for the phone I bought.

So, I went over to the local T-Mobile store to get a new phone. Keep in mind that I am not a cell phone freak (where one is constantly fooling around with the different apps on their phone) and the one I had was just a basic phone. The only thing I bothered with was the camera feature and the calculator outside of the phone functions.

I wanted another basic phone without all the bells and whistles and I could have gotten one for about $72, no problem. But, they showed me an Alcatel "Evolve" OneTouch phone for $69. Along with a camera and other usual features, it also has goodies like Google Chrome, email and other stuff. I figured that I might as well get one of those. It is my understanding that it was introduced last September. It was a pretty good deal. It helped that I have been with T-Mobile for around ten years or so.

At first, I had a tough time getting used to the thing. My daughter Amber said that it will soon become second nature to me. Another friend sympathized with me as she can take apart any computer and put it back together again, but when it comes to new phones, she comes close to having a breakdown.

I've had the thing for a week now and so far, I am getting used to it. Of all things, I've been watching old episodes of Dark Shadows on it through Google Chrome.

Welcome to newer technology. Old dog, new tricks.

No comments:

Search This Blog