"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

UNGCC and Tsukuba Hotel

Above, the Tsukuba Hotel last month. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


After I posted the photo at the Tsukuba Hotel in Ueno, Tokyo at The Monster Move Fan's Guide To Japan Facebook page, Andrew Nguyen asked if Tsukuba was the main headquarters of the United Nations Godzilla Countermeasure Center (UNGCC).

Having not watched the Heisei Series of Godzilla movies for some time, I could not recall if this was the case. I then Googled and found that it was.


According to this page (cached) of the University of Kansas:
...in 1993, the Heisei series depicted G-Force units under the control of a United Nations Godzilla Countermeasures Center in Tsukuba, Japan.
I stayed at the Tsukuba Hotel in Ueno back in October 2005. As my usual hotel in Tokyo, the Hotel Asia Center of Japan was fully booked at the time of my Japan visit last month, I stayed at the Tsukuba. Godzilla had nothing to do with my hotel choice. It is interesting that the name of the hotel is the same as the UNGCC headquarters location.

Great catch, Andrew!

No comments:

Search This Blog