"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, March 31, 2014

The Weekend

Above, Peter H. Brothers. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

As I mentioned several days ago, it was an "iffy" situation on whether or not I would be able to attend this year's Monsterpalooza in Burbank. As I said then, it all depended on the status of Jes's condition in the hospital. I felt it best that I stay pretty close to home in case I was needed.

I always figured that if I was going to go to Monsterpalooza, it would be on Sunday. It turned out that Jes was discharged from the hospital yesterday, so I ended up not going to Monsterpalooza.

Well, there's always next year and, before that, the Son of Monsterpalooza in the fall. It would have been nice to see Haruo and Sonoe Nakajima and Kenji Sahara again. But it wasn't in the cards.

The weekend wasn't a total loss. For the first time in about two years, Pete Brothers (Mushroom Clouds and Mushroom Men: The Fantastic Cinema of Ishiro Honda, Devil Bat Diaries) and I got together for lunch on Saturday at Crazy Tokyo Sushi in Tarzana. It was an enjoyable lunch as we caught up on things that have transpired since out last get-together. The restaurant is close to home, so I was able to break away.

We both marveled that this year marks ten years since the first G-Tour to Japan in 2004.

But, I am happy that Jes is home and we may have some good news. Hopefully, we will know more tomorrow.


No comments:

Search This Blog