"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Beat Diner Lives Again!

While going through my photographs of my February trip to Japan, I came upon one photo that I took of the closed-up front of the former location of The Beat Diner.

Above, this is what greeted me at the location of The Beat Diner under the shinkansen tracks. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The Beat Diner was located under the shinkansen tracks that separate Ginza and Hibiya (the former location of Becker's) and across the street from the Yurakucho Mullion. I first tried out, and liked, The Beat Diner back in December 2010 and blogged about it here.

Above, part of the dining area of The Beat Diner adorned with classic album covers. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After looking at the photo, I decided to do a search to see if there is anything online about the closure of The Beat Diner. My search located the website for The Beat Diner's parent company and found this page for The Beat Diner.

Above, The Beat Diner's bartender. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

As it is in Japanese (unfortunately, I don't read Japanese), I copied and pasted the information to Google Translate and it came up with this very rough translation:
Store a list of store results The Beat Diner ※ There is a case to change from period to period, such as year-end and New Year holidays.

Store name access business hours phone number Suica use Nihonbashi Mitsui Tower store
March 20 Open!
First floor Nihonbashi Mitsui Tower underground   11:00 to 23:00   03-3510-1238   
Top Store finder 

Please click on [Search] to select the station or brand you are looking for from the pull-down menu.
I am assuming from this (provided I am reading the rough translation right), The Beat Diner re-opened March 20 on the first floor of the Nihonbashi Mitsui Tower underground (subway?). If this is the case, it is good to know that there is still a place in Tokyo that serves great burgers and pizza (along with adult beverages) with classic rock 'n roll!

Well, as I was wrapping up this blog post, I received a confirmation email that said, "It says it has re-opened at Mitsui Tower in Nihonbashi on 20 March."

That's great to know!

No comments:

Search This Blog