"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, June 16, 2014

Taking N'Ex From Narita To Tokyo

Above, inside the Narita Express. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

One of my co-contributors at JapanTravel has posted an article on riding the Narita Express (N'Ex) from Narita International Airport to Tokyo.

Normally, I use the Narita Express as my means of getting into Tokyo from the airport, but last February, as I was staying in the Ueno area, I took the Keisei Line instead. My original plan was to try the Keisei Skyliner, but due to a big snowstorm (not exactly of "biblical proportions," but enough snow was dumped to snarl the Tokyo and Chiba area train lines), I ended up stuck midway between Narita Airport and Tokyo for about 16 hours. Since the Keisei Line and Keisei Skyliner goes to Ueno (and the Narita Express does not), that is why I chose to take the Keisei Line or Skyliner to Ueno on my last trip.

Well, due to the snowstorm, that didn't work out so well. But, as an "apology," the Keisei Line gave me a pass for free transportation into Tokyo that was honored by other train and subway line companies.

Above, the exterior of the Narita Express. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The article states that the Narita Express will arrive from Narita Airport to Tokyo Station in 55 minutes (and Shibuya Station in 80 minutes). I generally disembark the train at Tokyo Station to catch a subway line to my hotel (usually the Hotel Asia Center of Japan, which is near the Aoyama-Itchome subway station).

Above, a 2010 view of the Skytree from the Narita Express train. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The Narita Express is a comfortable train with plenty of room for one's luggage and it has nice, big windows to view the passing countryside. The line also has a special offer for inbound tourists. The inbound fare is only ¥1,500, down from the normal rate of ¥3,020. But, one has to pay the normal rate for the return trip to Narita Airport. So keep that in mind.

To read the article on the Narita Express at JapanTravel, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog