"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, December 27, 2015

New Phone



One of the things I had to do last week was to buy a new phone. You can say it was a Christmas present to myself. It was a necessary purchase, though.

The phone I've been using was acting up, mainly from dropping it. It would occasionally (and it became more frequent) just go to a blank white screen. Then I would have to open up the back and pull out the battery to get it working again. I couldn't answer the phone or open the text mailbox while it was stuck in white screen.

It caused problems last Tuesday, so I decided to get another phone the next day. The problems began to ease a bit, but I needed something more reliable in case a call or text comes through.

So, I went to the local T-Mobile (my provider) store and bought a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. It isn't Samsung's top-of-the-line phone, but since I am not a big phone freak, it is more than adequate. Plus, the price was right.

Above, a shot of The Beast by the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

So far, I am very pleased with it. I let it charge overnight and used it all day. When I went to bed last night, the power battery was only at 71%. The old phone's battery would have been dead by then. The power consumption (or lack thereof) of the Samsung is amazing.

I read some reviews on the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime and I have to disagree with them. The screen is bright. The colors look natural. The built-in camera works better than my old phone's (and this one has a flash). The above shot of The Beast was at 3.9 megapixels. But the camera can be set to 5 megapixels.

Most importantly, the speaker for the phone was very good, far better than my old phone's speaker.

Since I seem to have a knack for dropping phones, I bought a protective cover for it.

No comments:

Search This Blog