"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Eve Camping

Above, with my cousin Maria Christmas Eve in 2012.

This year has zoomed by so fast that it is hard to believe that tomorrow is Christmas Eve. It seems like only yesterday that we were in Yellowstone National Park and, later, Lake Havasu.

It will be nice to get out of L.A. tomorrow for an overnighter in Wildomar, California (the Lake Elsinore area) at my cousin's. Amber and I will be "camping" at my cousin's Christmas Eve night in The Beast. That way, we won't have to deal with fighting traffic that night while going back to the San Fernando Valley. She has a big lot with plenty of room for The Beast.

[One side note, there is a vacant lot next to her property (thankfully on the opposite end from where we will be parked) and there was (maybe he's still there) some old guy in his 80s or 90s who lives in an RV (I think he's a squatter or some family member owns the land) who occasionally goes outside of his RV in his "birthday suit". As my daughter would say, "Ewww!"]

It will be nice going to Wildomar to hang out with the family. I was last there for Christmas Eve in 2012 and the calendar worked against me in 2013 and 2014 and I had to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. If I were still working, the same would happen again this year. Now that I'm retired, I don't have to worry about that anymore. My time now belongs to me.

I was thinking on stopping at Riverside National Cemetery on the way home to visit my parents' grave, but the cemetery is closed Christmas Day as a national holiday. Maybe, if we get out of town quick enough, we may be able go there tomorrow on the way to Wildomar. We'll see.


No comments:

Search This Blog