"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Osaka Castle and Grounds

Above, a moat, wall and castle turrets of Osaka Castle. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Photos by Armand Vaquer

Back in October, I headed down to Osaka to do some wandering around. One of the places visited was Osaka Castle.

I stayed at one of the Toyoko Inns in Osaka and their check-in time was in the mid-afternoon. As I got to the hotel during the late morning hours, I checked in the luggage, grabbed a taxi and headed off to Osaka Castle.

I had previously posted photos of Osaka Castle, but these are mainly shots taken on the way to the castle.

After I got out of the taxi, and had a snack at a refreshment stand, I headed for the castle. On the way to the castle, I viewed old moats, castle walls and gates that are pictured here.

Also, an old cannon and one of the ornate fish figures on the castle are also shown.

Osaka Castle is a reproduction, built of ferro-concrete in the 1930s.









No comments:

Search This Blog