"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, December 11, 2015

Should You Visit Japan On A Winter Vacation?

Above, Tokyo after a snowstorm in February 2014. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Should you visit Japan on a winter vacation?

That's the question Purple Pen In Japan addresses in an article giving the pros and cons of a winter vacation in Japan.

I did it last year and, to say the least, the experience was very interesting. I was stuck for hours aboard a Keisei Line train in between Narita International Airport and Tokyo due to a heavy snowstorm after arriving in Japan.

But, Japan does offer some great skiing, if you are a skier.

The article begins with:
And we're at the end of another year. Where did the year go? Time flew so fast!
It's winter again, my 4th and last winter in Japan. How I survived the last three winters amazes me. 
Anyway, a couple of people have asked me if winter vacation is good time to visit Japan. I'd like to say, it depends but I'd be required to give more explanations. So, I just wrote them the pros and cons of visiting Japan in winter. I'll share here what I wrote to them. 
To read more, go here.

By the way, the article includes a cute photo of a Japanese woman bathing in an onsen with some friends.

No comments:

Search This Blog