"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, January 31, 2019

At The El Rancho Hotel & Motel

Above, the El Rancho Hotel & Motel. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I got back from breakfast this morning at Denny's in the Flying J, I found Sierra (Her Royal Highness) sleeping on my computer's keyboard.

I don't know what she did, but she knocked out the settings for me to connect to the WiFi. So I had to go into Gallup to get it fixed.

Above, the front of the El Rancho Hotel on Route 66 in Gallup. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I had been planning to pay a visit to the manager of the El Rancho Hotel & Motel in Gallup to see about having a Clamper plaque/monument erected there this fall. Since I was in town anyway, I stopped in and met with the manager.

I told her what we have in mind and she was all enthusiastic for it.

Above, the El Rancho's main lobby. Photographs of the movie stars
who stayed there are on the second level. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The El Rancho is listed in the Register of National Historic Places. It was built in 1937. The presidential suite is named after Ronald Reagan.

Travelers who have driven in the Southwest along Interstate 40 will likely have seen their billboards featuring John Wayne, Ronald Reagan, Roy Rogers and others. 

According to Wikipedia:
El Rancho Hotel, Gallup, New Mexico, is a historic hotel built by the brother of film director D.W. Griffith. It is located on old U.S. Route 66 and became the temporary home for many Hollywood movie stars.
Above, the El Rancho's sign. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

A meeting will be set up to work out the details. 

No comments:

Search This Blog