"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, January 21, 2019

Saving On RV Propane

Above, instead of using the RV propane heater, I use this
electric space heater instead. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The 2015 Minnie Winnie 22R that I have uses propane for the stove/oven, refrigerator and heater. A tank of propane will generally last me for about a month's worth of camping days. The only times I "boondock" (camp without hook-ups) is when I go the a clampout twice a year.

When I am at a RV park or campground with hook-ups, and if it's also cold, I'll use my electric ceramic space heater instead of the RV heater. That saves on propane.

Do It Yourself RV has an article on tips for saving propane (and, therefore, money).

They begin with:
Whether you go camping in a tent, trailer, or motorhome, you likely rely on propane for a variety of purposes. It can be used to heat up your stove, the water tank, or fuel the generator for power. 
These are some of the ways that you can make your propane tanks last longer, and more importantly, save money in the long run.

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog