"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

One Year Ago

Above, The Beast at Shady Oasis Campground in Victorville. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

One year ago tomorrow, I moved out of Tarzana, California. I decided I've had enough of California with all its congestion, taxes, high gas prices and wacko liberals.

I was in no hurry that day since the move took a bit longer than expected. So my cat Sierra and I headed out around 3:00 and stopped in Victorville at the Shady Oasis Campground for a overnight rest before pushing on the next morning.

The next morning, I reached Interstate 40 in Barstow and headed east.

Above, The Beast at the Seligman KOA. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The next day, we reached Seligman, Arizona (home of the Roadkill Cafe) and stayed the second night at the KOA Kampground.

Above, the Ben Hur moving truck. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

We finally reached Jamestown, New Mexico the following day. Thankfully, I already arranged for utilities for the house, so I had water and electric available for The Beast. The movers didn't deliver my stuff for another 12 days, but that was okay, since Sierra and I were comfortable in The Beast (even with occasional snow storms). My Mustang was delivered a week or so later.

Above, a few hours after arriving in Jamestown on February 2. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I have no regrets about leaving California and have been enjoying life in Jamestown. I know more people here than I did in Tarzana.

No comments:

Search This Blog