"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Made It To The Gate

Above, the locked gate to Cibola National Forest/Six Mile Canyon. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

With the day's temperature at 55°, today was a great day to do some Jeep driving.

As usual, I drove around our community, Mesa Ridge Ranch and then on Six Mile Canyon Road. Since it was warmer today than it had been, I wore the camo jacket my cousin gave me for Christmas. She had the Jeep in mind when she bought it.

Above, just beyond the locked gate to Cibola National Forest at Mesa Ridge Ranch. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I mentioned a few days ago that part of Six Mile Canyon Road was washed out at the big culvert, with a layer of mud. At the time I went there a few days ago, nobody attempted crossing the washed-out spot to go to the gate of Cibola National Forest.

Above, at the gate to Cibola National Forest/Six Mile Canyon and old corral. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, I saw that someone did cross it and left tracks. I stopped for a bit and studied the path of the tracks. It appeared that the mud wasn't as deep as it seemed a few days ago. I decided to give a crossing a try.

Above, the road into Six Mile Canyon beyond the gate. Photo by Armand Vaqeur.

I threw the Jeep into 4 wheel drive and crossed the muddy area without any difficulty. I then proceeded to the gate of Cibola National Forest/Six Mile Canyon. The gate, of course, was closed and locked. It will be closed through March 31. I am looking forward to when it re-opens (April 1st, I presume) so I can enjoy drives in Six Mile Canyon.

Above, the old corral and gate to Cibola National Forest/Six Mile Canyon. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Afterwards, I headed back (and, again, successfully crossed the muddy washed-out spot in 4 wheel drive) and headed home for a break of a cigar and some Alien Amber Ale.

After my break, I did some more driving (mainly up the hill on Whispering Cedars Road and the Birch Road loop). When that was done, I decided to call it a day.

Above, the Alien Amber Ale break. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

All in all, it was an enjoyable day.

No comments:

Search This Blog