"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, July 25, 2021

2021 Wells Fun Run

 


This coming weekend, I will make my second attempt to actually attend the Wells Fun Run in Wells, Nevada.

As many who read this blog know, my first attempt in 2018 didn't work out too well as I had a heart attack (or something) that had me airlifted from Wells to Twin Falls, Idaho to have two stents inserted into a coronary artery. So I missed the show (it hadn't started yet) that year.

Above, from left, Mitch Geriminsky, Bill Wilson and yours
 truly in Wells in 2018 before everything went south for me.


Then, in 2019, we decided to skip the show and went directly to Buhl, Idaho to party with Bill and Linda Wilson as Bill came down with a blood cancer disorder and couldn't make the Wells Fun Run. We brought the "rally" to him. It turned out that it was the last time Mitch Geriminsky and I got to see Bill as he passed away last year from leukemia.

While heading to Buhl, we stopped at Bella's Restaurant & Espresso in Wells, where I was stricken the year before. This time, I was able to finish my meal and wasn't carried out feet first.

Above, at the restaurant in Wells in 2019 where I had my heart attack
 the year before. This time I wasn't carried out feet first. We stopped
there while en route to Buhl, Idaho. Photo by Mitch Geriminsky.


Linda Wilson requested that Mitch and I attend this year's Wells Fun Run. So we agreed to do so and are flying up this weekend. I think there might be a memorial tribute to Bill there.

Above, at Bill Wilson's in 2019. This was the last time we were able to see Bill.


I'll have a cat-sitter for Sierra while I am in Wells.

I am now more healthy than I was three years ago. I have followed my cardiologist's instructions, changed my diet and taking my meds. I have also dropped down to 185 pounds (I am below 200 pound for the first time since college). Driving the Jeep also was a big help in keeping more active.

Hopefully, everything will go without any problems. 

No comments:

Search This Blog