"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, July 27, 2021

The Arroyo Has Water

Above, the arroyo and the utility road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After yesterday's hour-long deluge in Jamestown, New Mexico, I took a walk through Barking Spider Acre to take a look at the arroyo that borders the back of my and my neighbors' properties. I was curious to see what, if any, water was flowing through it.

Above, a different view of the utility road and the arroyo. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Sure enough, it was like a small river (more like a creek) with water flowing northward in the direction of Interstate 40.  We had a lot of water in a very short period of time.

From what I've been reading from New Mexico Facebook pages, people in and near Continental Divide haven't seen this much rain in a long time. They noted, "we had lots of rain, flash-flooding and lots of thunder & lightning."

Above, the arroyo flowing northward in the direction of Interstate 40. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I took some photos of it at the point where the utility service road crosses it. I have driven that road in the Jeep and it eventually leads to the shooting area in Cibola National Forest.

From what I saw, no off-roaders will be driving that for a while. 

Above, Barking Spider Acre from the arroyo. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Although the ground of Barking Spider Acre was very wet and muddy, it was firm enough (maybe due to the clay content of the soil) for me to walk to the arroyo without making a muddy mess of my boots.

This has been quite a monsoon season!

No comments:

Search This Blog