"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, July 19, 2021

Do It Yourself RV: Cheap Camper Insurance

Above, after getting the motorhome home for the first time. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I bought The Beast (2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R) six years ago, before I could drive it off the lot, the dealer required that I get it insured.

From there, I called my auto insurer and they told me they don't cover RVs. But, they forwarded me to an RV insurer who gave me such a good quote for full coverage, I paid for the full year's premium on the spot (I still do so every year) and they emailed me and faxed (to the dealer) insurance cards. They later mailed a copy of the full policy to me.

The theory behind RV insurance is that since one doesn't drive RVs all the time, there's less risk or exposure. So the premiums are lower than regular automobile insurance.

Once I was done with that, I drove off with my new purchase.

Do It Yourself RV has posted an article on camper insurance detailing what types of coverages are available.

They begin it with:

There are several things you should know about travel trailer, fifth wheel, truck camper, and motorhome insurance.  There are different policy types available for these different recreational vehicles.

This article is about how to find cheap camper insurance, but camper might be defined as meaning a travel trailer, 5th wheel, or truck camper. 

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog