"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Still Almost Snowed In

Above, Barking Spider Acre and the GOCO Beast Barn. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The snow we received on New Year's Day is still with us.

Yesterday, I drove down to the post office at the Flying J and it was an unnerving drive. Snow and ice are still on the roads in the community including Whispering Cedars Road, the main road. 

Near the entrance to Six Mile Canyon Road, the Mustang slid and almost spun out when it hit a big patch of snow and ice at the curve there, despite me driving slowly and not jamming on the brakes. I had a near-incident at that same location two years ago. If it wasn't for having to mail my bills, I would have skipped the drive.

The temperature yesterday did get above freezing (around 41°) for the first time in days, which helped somewhat. 

When I took my trash container to the side of the road yesterday afternoon, the thick snow (6 to 8 inches thick) made the task moving it difficult, despite the container's wheels. I was winded after that and likely burned a few calories.

While the snow does look beautiful, it does make some things hazardous to do or just difficult. I'll be glad when there's more thawing. Hopefully, today's drive to the post office will be uneventful.

It was interesting seeing different animal tracks in the snow. 

Today's forecast has the high a little warmer at 42°.

I did take a few pictures (notice the animal tracks in them):

Above, Barking Spider Acre and sign. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Above, the house and GOCO Beast Barn from the road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Above, Barking Spider Acre from the road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


No comments:

Search This Blog