"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, March 14, 2022

How To Determine Your RV Furnace’s Propane Usage

Above, The Beast at Joshua Tree National Park. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The first real use I put my RV furnace to was while dry camping at Joshua Tree National Park in 2015. I put it on when I went to bed, but I found myself cold when I woke up and got out of bed early the next morning. I had plenty of propane, but what I didn't count on was that the furnace drained my house battery to zilch. 

Normally, I stay at RV parks with full hook-ups, thereby providing power to my space heater and RV furnace. Even though I have access to power, I use the RV furnace sparingly to conserve the propane and rely more on the space heater. And, since l learned my lesson, I don't use the furnace until I am awake as I am warm enough under the covers. I have not had any problems since.

How much propane does an RV furnace use? To answer that question, Do It Yourself RV posted an article that tells all.

They start it with:

How much propane does an RV furnace use? This is not a question you typically hear sitting around the campfire with other RVers. You are more likely to hear questions like how long will my battery last, how long will my freshwater last, or how long will my propane last. The last three questions are totally subjective, but “how much propane does an RV furnace use” has a definitive answer. 

Note: This article addresses DSI (Direct Spark Ignition) RV furnaces found in most newer RVs—not older RV furnaces that contain pilot lights.

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog