"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Drawing Stuff

Above, the drawing stuff after getting them out of the garage. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After this morning's breakfast/coffee gathering at Denny's down at the Flying J, did some more reading of  Curt Swan: A Life In Comics.

When I was done with that, I headed to the garage to get my art equipment and supplies out. The drawing bug has been building up for some time, and the Swan book got me even more motivated. Previously, I had no time for drawing due my work hours. Now that I'm retired, I can get back into it again.

Above, I have plenty of drawing paper and bristol paper. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Going through the art box and my tabletop easel's drawer after cleaning them, I found that some items needed replacing. The India inks were all dried up and I needed new brushes and pens. Along with those, I need a new drawing board. I had one for around 50 years when I took the Famous Artists course back in the 1970s. I tossed it when I moved as it had gotten old, chipped and cracked. One good thing I discovered, the Rapidograph ink was still good. I have plenty of pencils.

So, I ordered a new board and the other stuff. Luckily, I still have a good supply of drawing paper and bristol paper. 

It'll be nice to get back to drawing again. It has been a while.

2 comments:

J.D. Lees said...

I had no idea you are an artist!! Don't forget to do some kaiju art and send it in to G-FAN!

Armand Vaquer said...

I did once, and you published it, years ago. - A.

Search This Blog