"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Yesterday In Gallup

Above, from left, Russell, yours truly and Larry at El Sombrero Restaurant.

Yesterday, I was in Gallup as I had to take Larry Lucier to his physical therapy session. 

While he was doing that, I had other things to attend to, such as picking up a framed poster that had to have the glass of the frame replaced as it fell and cracked. 

Following that, I headed over to the Gallup indoor flea market on Coal Ave. to browse around. I didn't see anything that I would want, but it was a fun way to pass the time. 

After Larry was done, we headed over to the El Sombrero Restaurant on Historic Route 66 for dinner. This was the first time Larry and I have been there (and Larry has lived in the area 12 years). 

He ordered a burrito with green sauce and I ordered chile rellenos with red sauce. 

While there, we spotted one of our community buddies, Russell Azbill. He had just finished eating and was heading out. We called him over and he sat with us and we had a good conversation on wills, space program, autographs, guitars, guns and other topics. 

On the food, Larry was pleased with his, but I thought mine was just "okay". The rellenos were good but the sauce was disappointing. There was no kick to it. The chips and salsa that was brought after we sat down was mediocre. 

Thus far, this was the most disappointing Mexican restaurant in Gallup. The better ones that I have been to include Genaro's, Don Diego's, El Rancho Hotel's restaurant, Earl's, Cocina De Dominguez and Kiva Café (in Milan-Grants). There's one left in Gallup I have to try: Jerry's Café. It is a small restaurant and usually has a line of people waiting to get in. I've been told that Jerry's Café is one of the best in Gallup.

No comments:

Search This Blog