"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Friday Night Barbecue and Campfire


Above, cooking steaks in the barbecue. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Friday night at the Cottonwood Campground at Navajo Lake State Park in New Mexico marked the first time in nearly two years that I had a steak.

The last time prior to this was at Ashurst Lake near Flagstaff, Arizona with some of the gang of the Lost Dutchman Chapter of E Clampus Vitus in August 2020.

Since I was craving one and my last visit with my cardiologist went well, I decided to treat myself to a barbequed steak. My Weber barbecue worked well, even though the charcoal briquets of a new bag of Matchlight briquets wouldn't light. I had to use an older bag of them and, oddly, they lit up just fine. Weird. The new bag of them must be defective or something,

The briquets, after dinner was over, were used to ignite the evening's campfire. Nothing goes to waste! Luckily, the ban on open fires at the park was lifted Wednesday and one of the rangers came over to tell me of this.

Above, the briquets came in handy to start the campfire. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


 

No comments:

Search This Blog