![]() |
| Above, the pre-64 Winchester 94 made the list at number two. Photo by Armand Vaquer. |
One was a Mossberg pistol grip shotgun that was not pleasant to shoot. I sold it to a guy for the protection of his appliance store. The other two were pistols that, while they were fine guns, I just needed the money.
The Avid Outdoorsman posted an article on 20 lever-action rifles that people wrote off as "old-fashioned" and are now wishing that they were kept.
They start it with:
There was a stretch where lever-actions got treated like wall-hangers. Guys traded them off for the newest polymer wonder, a long-range rig with a turreted scope, or whatever the gun-counter conversation said was “modern.” Then ammo shelves went weird, suppressors got common, straight-wall seasons expanded in a lot of places, and suddenly that handy old lever gun started looking like the smartest thing in the safe.
Here are 20 lever-actions I’ve watched folks dump as “outdated,” only to spend the next few years trying to buy back the same rifle… for more money… in worse condition… with no box.
To read more, go here.

No comments:
Post a Comment