"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Outside RV Storage A Bad Idea

Above, the RV in its garage. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I bought my 2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R that year, I was living in the Los Angeles area where the climate is not harsh.

Since then, I have moved to New Mexico and now live in a semi-arid area at about 7,000 feet above sea level. The winters get very cold and snowy and the summers can cause damage to an RV due to the altitude's UV rays.

That is why I had a RV garage (called the GOCO Beast Barn) built. It protects my motorhome from the harsher aspects of the climate. Thankfully, I was able to do so as I have a two-acre ranchette.

With the above in mind, RV Travel has posted an article on why storing an RV outside can be a bad idea. 

The begin it with:

Every year hundreds of thousands of RV owners all across the country need to store their RVs. Whether it is due to harsh winter conditions or because work and school activities limit the time we can “recreate,” RVers must find the best method to put their unit into hibernation. Trying to find a nice, heated, indoor facility can be difficult and very expensive. So most of us are forced to store our RVs outside, which is not always a good idea and can create some very expensive issues.

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog