"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, April 22, 2023

G-FAN #139

Above, G-FAN #139.

G-FAN #139 arrived in the mailbox the other day.

It has a striking cover of the Heisei Godzilla, which happens to be one of my favorite Godzilla suit designs.

My little contribution to the issue is on the Niue Godzilla vs. Kong silver coins. Even though the coins were minted in 2021, it seems that many Godzilla fans were unaware they even existed (including me). I discovered and blogged about them late last year.

Above, the Niue Godzilla vs. Kong silver coins. Photo by Armand Vaquer

When I blogged about them, I received messages of thanks from people telling me that they were not even aware of them. One gal messaged me that thanks to my posting on Twitter, she was getting the coins for her boyfriend (or husband, I forgot which) for Christmas. 

Since I wrote the article (I only had the Godzilla coin at the time), I have since purchased the Kong silver coin at the National Money Show last month. They were licensed by Legendary Pictures.

Above, the Kong coin at the National Money Show. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

G-FAN is available by subscription or at your favorite comic book shop. If you don't have a comic book shop that carries it, just Google G-FAN 139 and it'll take you to many who have online ordering.

On the Godzilla vs. Kong coins, JM Bullion carries them.

It will be interesting to see if Niue mints Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire coins once the movie is released.

No comments:

Search This Blog