"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, April 28, 2023

David C. Lorenzen, R.I.P.

Above, here I am with David and Robin Lorenzen at a party in Rancho Palos
 Verdes on September 5, 1975. The photo was taken by Assemblyman Paul Bannai.

It had been at least a couple of months since I last heard from David Lorenzen on Facebook. I was wondering what was going on.

I had known Dave for 50 years while I was active in the Young Republicans of El Camino College and the Los Angeles County Young Republicans. He assisted in getting the El Camino College Young Republicans chartered in 1973.

Naturally, we would post about politics and we would exchange thoughts on that and other topics.

This morning, I saw his name pop up on a post I made a year ago and decided to go to his Facebook page to see if there was any clues. There, was a funeral notice posted by his son Daniel. 

This afternoon, I did some more checking and found an obituary.

In the Ventura County Star, an obituary was posted and it read, in part:

May 19, 1952 – April 11, 2023 Dave left this part of his journey on April 11, 2023. Dave was born on May 19, 1952 in Glendale, California. He leaves his loving wife of 48 years, Robin, and 5 children, Daniel (Julianna), Cory (Nicki), Casey (Maryanne), Rick and Amber. And much loved grandchildren, Seth, Laura, Ryan, Garrett, Maggie, Grant, Zoey, Milo and Jax.

I am sorry to learn of Dave's passing. I had no idea if he was ill or not. My condolences to his wife Robin and the Lorenzen family. 

No comments:

Search This Blog