"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Today In Tucson

Above, a gunfight show at the Old Tucson town square. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The Tombstone, Arizona clampout for the Lost Dutchman Chapter of E Clampus Vitus is now history.

Early this morning, I departed Tombstone and headed to Tucson to visit Old Tucson Movie Studio. 

Above, a saguaro cactus at Saguaro National Park West. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since I got there a bit early, I took a driving tour of West Saguaro National Park as it was practically next door to Old Tucson. After I was done with that, I headed over to the Arizona-Sonoran Desert Museum. It wasn't open yet, but I decided that their $29.95 admission price was a bit steep. There were no senior discounts.

I went over to Old Tucson and relaxed in their parking lot for about an hour. They open at 10:30. 

I had a good time wandering around the movie sets in Old Tucson. I also took a train ride that circles around the property. The engineer gave good descriptions of different sets and what movies and televions shows they appeared in. This was my first visit there, but it was very familiar. enough so that it seemed like I'd been there before. I watched a gunfight show that was entertaining. I just missed by minutes a dance hall girl show. 

Above, the Beast at Old Tucson Studios with Golden Gate Mountain in the background. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After Old Tucson, I went to an In-N-Out Burger for a late lunch/early dinner. It was nice to have an In-N-Out cheeseburger!

When I finished lunch, went over to the Tucson/Lazydays KOA Resort to spend the night. I will be heading on home tomorrow morning. I'll be taking a more direct route home than the one I took to Willcox and Tombstone on Wednesday.

Above, yours truly at Old Tucson.

I haven't been to Tucson since 1993 when my ex-sister-in-law lived there. I don't remember how to get around town as I did back then. The place has grown in 30 years! 

Above, at the Tucson/Lazydays KOA Resort. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The Tucson/Lazydays KOA Resort is big. It is situated next to a Lazydays RV dealership and has everything one would expect to find at a resort: pools, game room, putting green, restaurant and other amenities. 

No comments:

Search This Blog