"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Has "Greedflation" Taken Over RV Campgrounds?

Above, at the Ouray (Colorado) KOA last year. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

In recent years, I have noticed a rise in RV park and campground prices.

In years past, the average price for an overnight stay was in the $40-50 range. Sometimes it was lower. Sometimes it was higher. Now, campground prices have hit $80 and up.

That's one of the reasons that I generally stay at KOA Kampgrounds. Their prices are no lower, but since I have accumulated KOA Rewards Points, I stay there. When used, they can knock the price down $10-20. Even after using them on my recent trip to Arizona, I still have over 5,000 rewards points in my account. If none are available in the area I am going to, I'll generally go to a RV campground that provides a Good Sam discount of 5%.

The question arises whether RV park costs are rising due to their inflationary rising costs or, what RV Travel calls, "greedflation"?

They discuss this in a article that begins with:

Not many people would disagree that the United States is in an inflationary period. Prices are on the rise from the grocery store to the fuel pump and to campgrounds across the country. Are costs really rising or has “greedflation” taken over RV campgrounds?

To read on, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog